Monday 22 September 2008

Audience Research


This graph shows 12 Males and 8 Females were givin my questionnaire.
Here it shows there was 5 , 14- 16, 11, 17 - 19 and 4, 20-22, got involved in my questionnaires.
This helps me to target my audience from the ages 14 - 22.
This chart shows 1 white, 12 Asian Indians, 1 Asian Chinese, 1 Black Caribbean, 1 Black African, 2 Mixed and 2 Other ethnical people where part of my questionnaire. My target audience here would be Asian Indians, as my magazine is going to be targeted towards that ethnicity the most.


All my target audience are going to be on students.



This bar chart shows how often the students by their magazines, even though there was 8 students who 'Never' bought magazines, Students who buy a magazine 'Once a month' (5) and ' Every fortnight' (5)is a similar period, so this supports me to produce my product every month.



Most of the students buy magzines to look at the 'Images', this is linked with 'fashion & Images'. 'News' and 'Lifestyle' are the second reason why students by magazines. This supports my idea for my magazine.



This chart was not that helpful due to the fact 9 students would pay £0.50 - £1.50 for a magazine. However 6 students would pay £2.50 - £3.50, so my price range has to be between those figures.




Here is shows people feel youth are represented badly throught media, other responses to this question was "...not all media present the youth badly, its just views from parents and how they judge us by the way we dress".


Students do feel some that they should get their views and feelings put across, others felt there would be no difference.




18 students did agree for parents being aware of what teenagers do and want, however 2 felt this might bring parents to be more strict towards them.




All 20 students said they would buy a real life magazines which focused on youth issues and to focus on how teenagers want to be presented as.

No comments: